Saturday, February 13, 2016

A little word about piracy

Howdy Ho!

I would like to clarify my position about the availability of my games on other platforms, forums, knees, or whatever.

I don't mind. As long as the code isn't break and as long as no one is asking money for it.

 Why?

First, because Patrons will always have priority over new releases.

Also, I'll always thank all the people who support me. That really help and I was able to ask for some collaboration work with other artist.
But I'm not naive nor greedy and so I know I won't be able to make a living of this. And that's not my goal.

My first goal is to finnish UxL and make a great game I'll be proud of.

After that I'll focus on another project I have in mind. And so on.

I don't have time to do a witch hunt that means nothing to me. Piracy may help the game to gather a larger audience and in the end, no matter what, this game will still be free.


Nevertheless, thank you for not posting links to other platforms on this blog.

31 comments:

  1. Mr wootch, I'm sorry to bother you but I just really need to know what's wrong with the nanna event, I got stuck there and Nessa keeps saying that I have to get to her. During the event, when nessa told nanna to go into the bathroom stall, it all turns black. I also can't figure out how to get a top less photo of peio's mom. I love this game so much but I'm getting frustrated having tried everything I can. Please answer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bug that may appear when you're using old saves. I fixed this possiblity in the next version.
      About the topless photo, it's not in the game atm.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for answering, I actually played the older version and the latest one both with their own saves, I didn't move it from the older one to the new one. I'm sorry if I'm bothering you so much about this.

      Delete
  2. Do what ya gotta do everyone needs to make a living and I'm excited for the game to finish

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah I'm too pissed off that someone somewhere else and not pay for it. E

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't put yourself down too much, I think if you keep at it you may be able to make a living out of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe I am saying this but the piracy seems to have increased patrons, it's kind of weird. I could be wrong as I have not checked the patron page in a little while but it seems this whole thing was at least a little positive.

    Don't get me wrong, I don't think someone should be uploading your game with out permission but at least there is a sliver limning in all this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it gets the word out there and some who like it will support it, however most wont, but some is still better then none.

      Delete
  6. Wootch, I've a little question, I'f I starting to donate 50 dollars per month on Patreon, ¿Could you make a scene between Paio and Nessa? ¡Great work on this game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might want to email him about this, not to sure but I think it would be the fastest way to contact him.

      Delete
    2. Hes already working on H-scenes between the 2

      Some H-events between Peio and Nessa
      (from his suggestion list post)

      but you should still donate tho!

      Delete
  7. I've heard of a way in RPG Maker to require a unique login and password to play each individual game. Then for the public releases, you'd have to either release the login and password info or remove the code. It's an extra headache but it's food for thought. However, I doubt its even worth it. For every advance we make in Digital Rights Management there's several hackers ready to bypass it. In one case, they were breaking the code before it was even released. My suggestion is to continue as usual but slip in a pic or 2 or even a different splash screen for the backers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sorry.. forgot to add this... What the login info could do is you could download the pirated copy and then use the login/password combo to trace it back to the pirate so you can remove the offending account.

      Delete
    2. Yeay I know all this, more or less. But I want to use the little time I have to make my games first.

      Delete
  8. What kind of game would you make after UxL?

    Will it have similar themes? Like incest and semi realistic world?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on 2 others games:
      - a space opera (suikoden like on the gameplay). still working on the battle system.
      - a castle builder. The player has to build his castle and legitimate his kingdom.
      both adult games again. I like incest and shota so that's something you'll often find with me.

      Delete
    2. The 2nd one sounds cool! Ive never played Suikoden but from what I can gather you just want to make a fun RPG? :P

      Delete
    3. I knew I would like following you q.q
      Wootch

      Delete
  9. Hey Wootch, can you give us a update on the game? What scenes you'll be working on next, future plans?

    ReplyDelete
  10. From wootch's patron forum. (Sorry if I wasn't allowed to share this wootch, didn't seem to me like it was all that important to keep secret)

    BTW, the plans for this month is:
    update Nessa / Vendors facesset
    update the shower event in preparation for the next part
    add pink bitches faceset (another artist is on it)
    add the pool (chipset / charadesign)
    add changing event in the pool
    add bully event in the pool (another artist is on this graphic)
    add the superstore for Peio
    add changing event for Mom/Sis
    add car event
    add Policewoman and her event in highscool (chara / faceset / events)
    add first demon encounter event (chara / faceset / events)
    add victor event (commission)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think one of the main ways to find hentai games is on torent sites and such, they are pretty underground. Im not gonna lie, i found UxL on torrent site and downloaded it. (sorry wootch) but after playing i fucking loved it and i now fully support it on patreon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you are a better person than me, you are actually supporting this game. For now I am satisfied with just waiting for the public released.

      I have been trained well, damn you Overwhored.

      Delete
  12. Hey Wootch, any news on the next updates?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on it. Lots of work that wasn't planned this month so it's difficult to do it, work on the game with the little time left and discuss with all of you.

      Delete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. can some one tell me how to unlock achwak fuck in the WC.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can someone please share a save file that has gotten past the feel good club? Where Nessa makes the glory hole in the bathroom. I couldn't get past the bug where I can't go anywhere else because I can't leave the girl on the second floor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. with the 0.1.8 (and an old save) you just have to talk with nanna again and you'll be able to leave the second floor.

      Delete